Monday, February 25, 2013

Easily Store and Organize Your Bulletin Boards

At the start of this school year, I went out on a whim and put up my 1st bulletin board.  As I shared in my previous post, coming from a high school setting, I wasn't much of a fan of doing bulletin boards but since I started this year I'm hooked!   In fact I've changed out bulletin boards quite a bit this year.  So what shall I do to store all my bulletin boards for the year?  Well I've found an easy way that has helped me organize and store them.  Here's what I did:

-I bought zip file bags at the teacher supply store ($1.99 each).  I like these because they are large and have handles (that are in different colors).

Zip file bags

-I store pieces of my bulletin boards in each bag.  In some cases you could store more than one bulletin board in a bag.

Bulletin board materials stored in the zip file bag.

-If the bulletin board has several items, I store them separately in plastic baggies to place in the zip file bag.  

-I also add a picture of the completed bulletin board to the front of the zip bag.  I took/printed a picture of each bulletin board with my iPad.  I do this just in case I need to remember how I set up the bulletin board/border, background color, etc. for the next time I decide to put it up.

Picture to remind me what bulletin board is in the bag

2 bulletin boards can fit in one bag

I store the zip file bags in my storage closet, you could also hang them on hooks (I don't have a lot of space so it's option #1, for me.)

How do you store your bulletin boards?





Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Great way to keep everything together and in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to not having to hunt for pieces of my bulletin boards in the future...everything's in one spot!

      Delete
    2. What teacher supply store did you find these at? I would like to purchase some, but I am having trouble finding them. Thanks.

      Delete
    3. I found the zip file bags at a local teacher store here (Raleigh, NC) called Stone's School Supply. I thought that they would be fairly easy to find however, I've had several questions about where to find them. I guess I lucked out when I found them! Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. I laminate all of the letters on my boards to keep them in good condition. After I take down a bulletin board, I have file folders for each board; also with a picture of the completed board. (I like your idea better but I used what I had in my office.) Then, I file all of the bulletin board letters and decorations in one banker box and store in one of my office closets. So far it's working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget, that's certainly a great idea to use for storing your bulletin board. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete